At Neuro Alliance, we recognise that living with a neurological condition can bring about unique challenges, affecting an individual’s ability to perform daily tasks and participate fully in life. Our Occupational Therapy team empowers individuals with neurological conditions, enabling them to regain independence and enhance their quality of life.
Occupational therapy in the context of neurological rehabilitation is all about equipping individuals with the skills and strategies needed to overcome the physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges posed by conditions like stroke, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury and motor neuron disease just to name a few.
Our Occupational Therapy services encompass a wide range of interventions, designed to address the physical, cognitive, and emotional aspects of living with neurological conditions. We provide:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Training: We help you relearn and regain skills needed for daily tasks such as dressing, grooming, cooking, and bathing.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation: Our team utilises cognitive exercises and strategies to address memory, problem-solving, and other cognitive challenges.
- Environmental Modifications: We assess your living environment and make recommendations for modifications that can enhance your safety and independence.
- Functional Capacity Assessments (FCA): Our Occupational Therapists have the skills, qualifications, and experience to carry out functional capacity assessments.
- Assistive Technology (AT) prescription: Our Occupational Therapists can recommend specialised equipment to improve your functional capabilities. Our Occupational Therapists are experts in prescribing wheelchairs. We work closely with clients to assess mobility needs, recommend appropriate wheelchair models, and ensure a proper fit for comfort and functionality.
In addition to traditional Occupational Therapy services, we also specialise in home modifications. These modifications can range from minor changes to major renovations, all aimed at creating a living environment that is safe, accessible, and tailored to your specific needs.
- Minor Home Modifications: These include adjustments like grab bars, handrails, and lever-style doorknobs, making your home more accessible without major construction.
- Major Home Modifications: If needed, we can plan and oversee major renovations, such as bathroom and kitchen modifications to accommodate wheelchairs and provide barrier-free living spaces.
1. How can Occupational Therapy help with neurological conditions?
Occupational Therapy helps individuals regain independence by addressing physical, cognitive, and emotional challenges, enabling them to engage fully in life.
2. Is Occupational Therapy covered by insurance?
Yes, many insurance providers cover Occupational Therapy for neurological conditions. Our team can assist you in understanding your coverage.
3. How do you tailor your services to individual needs?
We conduct thorough assessments and collaborate with clients to create personalized treatment plans that address their specific goals and challenges.
4. What can I expect during an Occupational Therapy session?
A session may include a combination of ADL training, cognitive exercises, and discussions about environmental modifications and adaptive equipment. Sessions are personalized to each client’s unique needs.
5. What is the typical duration of Occupational Therapy for neurological conditions?
The duration of therapy varies based on the severity of the condition and individual progress. Our team will work with you to determine the appropriate duration of therapy.